Vision & mission
Our vision is to be a heart for the community - worshipping and serving God.
We aim to do this in three ways
To grow as a vibrant community of faith through:
- supporting one another as we engage with our faith in our daily lives.
- through contemporary worship in our services on Sunday and during the week.
- biblical teaching in sermons, study material used in our community groups and courses.
- praying together.
To share the love of Christ in the wider community
We have strong links with the local community, including the three schools in our parish. We reach out in various practical ways in providing activities for all ages: Pre-school, Children and Young People and Seniors.
Our Living Well community provides a safe and welcoming environment for vulnerable men and women who come from a large catchment area. We reach out through our Prayer Visiting, Alpha courses.
We also support a number of charities which operate locally or wider afield.
To provide a heart for the community, inspired by God’s love.
Following an arson attack in 1993 which totally gutted the church, it was beautifully restored. It now provides a contemporary setting where people can meet and take part in all the different activities put on by the church and other organisations who hire the different spaces in the centre.
- Numerous choirs and bands use the worship area for performances.
- The church hall is used for fairs and social events, including children’s parties.
- The church office is open four days a week and there is open church with refreshments on Saturday mornings when the community garden is also open.
- We have two meeting rooms, well equipped with multimedia equipment which can also be hired.
If you would like to know more about our vision and mission and how they are being worked out in practice you might like to read our recent annual report and 5 year plan.